The purpose of the Medical Advisory Board (MAB) is to provide insight, scientific direction, and expertise to the Registry. The Registry’s Director is Michael Nirenberg, DPM.
The members of the MAB are recognized experts in podiatric medicine and dermatology. Each of them has graciously volunteered their time and expertise in an effort to learn more about treating COVID-19 and understanding its impact on the foot.
Marc Brenner, DPM – CHAIR
- Past President of the American Society of Podiatric Dermatology
- Editor, Management of the Diabetic Foot, Williams & Wilkins Publisher
- Visiting Lecturer, New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
Brad Wenstrup, DPM
- U.S. Representative for Ohio’s 2nd congressional district
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Serves on the Subcommittee on Worker and Family Support, Subcommittee on Oversight, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation
David Armstrong, DPM
- Professor of Surgery and Director. Southwestern Academic Limb Salvage Alliance (SALSA) at Keck School of Medicine
- Co-Editor of the American Diabetes Association’s (ADA ) Clinical Care of the Diabetic Foot
- Clinical Care of the Diabetic Foot Medicine, USC
- Authored 500+ research papers and 90+ book chapters
Rock G. Positano, DPM, MSc, MPH, DSc (hon)
- Director & Founder of the Non-Surgical Foot and Ankle Service Hospital for Special Surgery
- Weill Cornell Medicine – Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology
- Yale School of Public Health/Yale School of Medicine – Clinical Associate Professor, Chronic Disease Epidemiology (Foot/Ankle)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) – Orthopedic Service/Foot and Ankle
Bret Ribotsky, DPM
- Board Certified in Surgery, Orthopedics Medicine
- Past President, American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine.
- Founder, DermFoot, LLC
- Founder, Podiatric Success, Host Meet the Masters
Marta I. Rendon, MD
- Past President, Women Dermatology, Skin of Color Society, American Society of Aesthetics & Cosmetic Dermatology.
- International researcher, lecturer
Lawrence B. Harkless, DPM
- Interim Dean, Interim Dean, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) School of Podiatric Medicine
- Professor Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Texas
- Outstanding Educator in Diabetes Award, American Diabetes Association
- Appointed to the Texas Diabetes Council in 1995 by Governor George W. Bush, served as Chair from 2001-2007.
Dennis Shavelson, DPM
- Former Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- Former Chief of Podiatry, Beth Israel Medical Center – Mt Sinai Hospital, NYC
- Listed Among the Top 75 Innovative Podiatrists by Podiatry Management Magazine
- Biomechanics Editor: Present Podiatry